PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 02:01
britanniaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a fantastic post!!

Flying charter, celebs tend to be a bit thin on the ground, but over the last few months I've heard that we carried Fern Britton (absolute joy and as she seems on TV) and Jo O'Meara of S-Club fame (also an absolute gem of a PAP).

When I first started flying for Go (the great LCC swallowed up by easyJet ) one of my friends had taken Kylie out to IBZ and said that she just sat down and kept herself to herself.

Personally,

BEST:

Ian Kelsey (that bloke from Causalty and Emmerdale) and John Parrot (snooker player) and some other low-key celebs formed the bulk of our PAX on a STN-FAO flight as they were off to do a celeb golf match. With them, their mates and the organisers taking up 20 of our 25 rows, and all of them enjoying a good drink and standing in aisles once we'd finished up services, they could have been the PAX from hell.

Instead they were unbelievably lovely: courteous, polite, kept the noise down. As the flight went on Ian Kelsey and John Parrot stood out for me as they started calling the three of us crew by our names (in a nice, chatty way) and were quite happy to chat to us down the back. Had never really fancied Mr Kelsey before, but he's bloody tall and built like a brick poo house - and he smelled DIVINE!!!

WORST:

Kay Adams (Loose Women) - still like her on TV and all, but her and husband were sat in exit row and when I attempted to brief them and the other PAX in the row about the door their heads remained in their papers. When they didn't acknowledge me trying to brief them I stopped mid sentence and waited til they realised I was waiting for them. Also, didn't look up or say please/thank you when we went down with drinks. Still, I give her benefit of the doubt as she could have had an off day and know from my mum that she's always been "normal" and chatty when dropping her daughter off at same school as my siblings went.

Nick Nairn ("Celebrity" chef) total W****r, and his wife was just as rude. Asked them if they could fasten lapstrap round the little one as I did cabin secure for T/O to which his response was that "I'll do it when we're closer to taking off" in a none-too friendly tone. Naturally my response was along the lines of "no, you'll do it now."