PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearing in...it's all rubbish!!
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 00:25
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YEllowdog....

The other day my flight was delayed 45 mins because on the -300 there are NO gash carts loaded. We had no fire bags and we had to wait for them to turn up, then wait for another tug to come and push us back! Flight crews are getting a bit upset too as they are blamed for it!!!

What I am saying is: BA wants 3 crew (and for everyone's info, it's not all Y but C as well) I am up for it. But give me the tools to deliver an efficient and quick service.

I don't remember completing so many on-board forms in my whole life. I hope they will help.
People in product KNOW that the -300's have this problem and yet are doing FA about it, and that drives me insane!!!

It is a personal issue, YD, as I have had a visceral love for this company since I was 14...My friends still call me missba...but I can see that the excellent service we used to offer is going down, and that upsets me!!

Just finished a long double and our NAP passengers weren't pleased to say the least. At one point a woman gave us so much grief, and she stormed off the a/c screaming the food was crap and worse than a charter flight (whatever that meant to her). Not a nice thing to hear I have to say! I want my passengers to be happy and to think that our airline is the best!

Just to say we were on a 11h45m duty and the cabin crew were fantastic. The best I've had for ages, we kept ourselves happy the whole time, crap service or not. We were happy that this time it was still 4 of us, the atmosphere on board was superb and the day passed by quickly.
YD I'm getting on with this new thing as I have always done. But please let me Pprune my dissatisfaction and my frustration!! I do it here, not at work. Who knows me knows that I am never "in a mood" when I am at work. Passengers only receive the best of me, even on a day like today. I leave my frustration outside JH.

You're very good if you help the N.3 with galley preps....I always choose to work as N.4 if I can and very rarely the N.1 helps with it. I respect my colleagues very much but unfortunately this is the truth. Don't misunderstand me please, I do not mind at all, I love keeping myself busy at all times, but you're one of the few remaining ones who actually do it.

Also the new "service guidelines" say that the SCCM must allocate some time for rest during the day.....I cannot wait to see that happen on days like today!! I'll wait and see......

Hopefully this period of chaos will end soon and we'll see some improvements.
I am off on my first min crew trip tomorrow, I've got an open mind and am curious to see what happens...especially with the N.2 having to do a "catwalk" from row 4 to row 25 to show each safety equipment item to everybody!!! there are some funny times ahead of us...

Good night guys, and sorry for this super-long post!

xxx

FBW