PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - That's the end of Dabs then...
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 22:05
four_two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just had trouble with Dabs I don't see how things can get worse.

When things go wrong (they sent me the incorrect Graphics card in my order) their automated return system failed completely.It somehow got it into its head that I wanted to return a mainboard and nothing I could do could make them read the messages I wrote in the return process.
They don't provide a phone number to call and if you find it out through "searching" you end up with an answerphone where they promise to ring you back but never do. Nor do they reply to recorded delivery letters.
Eventually I wrote again and said that I was writing one last time at the request of my credit card company (true) and if they didn't give me satisfaction I would leave it in their hands.
Of course being a purely internet based company now their livelihoods depend on card sales and as my cc company had said I wasn't the first to complain about their service - and too many complaints could mean possibly losing the use of that particular card. Perhaps not likely but it did the trick, they finally started taking notice.
The annoying aspect about the whole business - which took about 6 weeks to resolve - was that if I could have spoken to someone on the phone it could have been sorted out in minutes.