PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I getting into aviation for the wrong reasons?
Old 30th Apr 2006, 21:54
LD Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I wish I'd seen the Archive Reference Threads that Scroggs has just pointed you to earlier. What a good resource Scroggs! Good, balanced advice there for you and for any other newcommer to aviation.

Hopefully without sounding patronising, I would just like to add that I'm very impressed by your attitude. It is all too easy to just "dive in" and go for what you want without considering the consequences and your post indicates maturity and intelligence well in advance of the average for your age.

Success in this industry depends on much more than confidence, ability, money and hormones! More than anything it requires good forward planning, realism and adaptablilty - qualities which you are already demonstrating.

As for the negative posts on this (and other) aviation forums, don't let that put you off... but please do understand that nothing in life is guaranteed and nobody owes you a living. It can be very frustrating and some people have trouble dealing with this fact of life! But it's quite theraputic to have a good old whinge from time to time. The anonymity of these forums encourages people to vent their frustrations to anyone who will listen - sometimes in more language than would be generally advisable on the flightdeck!

But it can also be very rewarding and you will see joyous posts here too as people "punch the air" and share their very real excitement at having successfully completed different stages of their training and embarking on new careers.

Good luck with your future, whichever path you choose.

Regards,

LD Max