PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 30th Apr 2006, 19:08
poss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on becoming a pilot (merged)

I want to be an airline pilot and next year after i finish my a levels i am thinking of either going to OAT or CTC Aviation group on the CTC wings course, depending which has better finance plans available and how i find the places when i go to visit them.
Now thinking really far ahead (i like to have a plan in mind lol) what are the chances of finding a job after just completing a full intensive flight course that takes you from the basics to advanced levels? Just so you can answer the question at hand, ill tell you a bit about myself as no doubt it will also depend on who i am as to what jobs are offered to me.
When i set my mind to something i put a huge amount of effort into it, i stick at it until i have completed it. i always work hard at the things i do (whats the point in wasting the time that is give) got good GCSE results, currently my A level course (worth 3 A levels) is going very well, upto now i have had distinction (A) in all of my course work (about 11 pieces at this moment in time). Personallity wise im easy going, friendly, enjoy a lot of humour, have a lot of respect for people.
I will no doubt be in so much debt that i will need to get a job quite soon, even though no matter what i am taking the risk of being in debt to fulfill my pilot dreams.
Anyway would like to know so that im prepared for the future, thanks for any information you can give to me.
Aaron

Last edited by poss; 30th Apr 2006 at 21:32.