PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 16:53
unclenelli

Location: Civ/HAL/SHY/FYY/PWK/AAS/WAD/AVI/GPT/BZN/BSN/WAD/BAS/FLK/WIT/MND/WAD/WIT/WAD/Civ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are Most People in for a Good Xmas .... Not Me

From the jist of most of the posts here, it would seem that most people will be in line for a good Xmas - By then they will have sorted out everyone underpaid and they'll all get a monies due just in time for Xmas (dunno which Xmas, could be 2011 for all I know!!!!)

Not for me though - I went on a 3 day course a couple of days after JPA tried to go live. Allowances (as it was then) told me I could spend £21 per day + £5 incidentals on dinner and tea (lunch & dinner for the Southern Monkeys) and I could claim for mileage as I was going straight home after the course, not back to RAF wherever.

Completed the course and kept all the receipts - Managed to get online and filled in the data - Nearest I could find for daily rates was "NS - CHBS booked accommodation" and filled in my claim. Motor Mileage Allowance (MMA) could not be found, so I clicked the only thing I recognised as mileage Official Duty Rate (ODR) for the outward journey and the hypothetical return journey (122 miles each way although I travelled 122 miles there and 188 miles home - it did allow me to explain the hypo journey)
When I tried to print my copy of the claim, it had inserted it's own default values - daily rates £7.31 and ODR 40p/mile instead of 20.5-ish p/mile
It said the claim had been referred to my "Line Manager" for approval, so I emailed him to tell him not to approve it as it was complete bolleaux, and it would have to wait until my next day shift so I could talk to PSF/HR (doesn't HR seem to infer some "HUMAN" essence although they seem to lack this quality)
OC PSF said my "line manager" was actually the part-time civvy bloke in allowances and he had automatically approved the fraudulent claim.
Now I had my top-cover from OC PSF and the email I sent to my Boss, I was bullet-proof (and about £40 better off), but I had better tell JPAC about it using iSupport - Well I would if I could get online!!!!!

So I'm now awaiting a snotty saying I owe £40 and/or a Barrier Pilot (RAFP) investigation into my fraudulent claim.

Apparantly for the Mileage part I should have clicked on PVR - Why the hell should I click PVR - I don't want to PVR - I just want my mileage paying!!!
But No - PVR is not Premature Voluntary Release any more - it's Private Vehicle Rate (20.5-ish p/mile)

Alfens - never diod the job it was bought for in 1993
RASDA - very user-unfriendly with servers that can't cope with the traffic
JPA - Can't do the job it was bought for (seem to work for small companies (100-ish employees), but not for RAF - 40,000 hits on day1 made the servers suspect a Distributed Denial Of Service (DDOS - see the computer forum for more info) Attack and it shut down!!!
BOCS - again, an off-the-shelf system that the RAF will foook about with and buggger it up!!!! Goes live 01-Aug-06 with all other systems turned off on 31-Jul-06 - I predict dry-wipe boards across the country!!

ScATCC had a computer system (SIRS) that was predicted to die at Y2K - the result was a perfectly functioning replacement system (SIRIUS (which became knows as SIRS))- I should know - I was an end-user involved with the core development of the system. The system was paid for by NATS.

Why do the RAF always go for the lowest cost, sh1tt1est option that never works and ends up costing more than the best option would have in the first place, and insist on fooking around with it so that it works even less than it did off-the-shelf

[Rant Mode Off]

Last edited by unclenelli; 30th Apr 2006 at 17:10.