PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is happening in MAS?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 16:33
levelflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cross Check
LF: Can you see what I'm getting at? And by behemoth I meant slow and lumbering, not mighty and powerful - that would be a juggernaut. The whole application/interview process doesn't happen overnight (hence at least 6 months as I suggested) - I've been doing it for 12 months mah so don't lecture or blast me about not knowing the situation... I'm living it buddy, I get to read the news everyday and know enough people on the inside to know what's going on. I don't like what I see or hear either - but little outbursts like yours don't exactly help our situation either. Prior to March 20th MAS were cautious but upbeat that recruiting was still safe (they were much more pessimistic in Jan/Feb). Between 20-26th it was the Idris & Tony show and on the 27th with the Government announcements MAS HR got "winded". MAS has much to answer for in its long history and Idris has a job and a half on his hands, but it's too easy just to point the finger at MAS and say "your fault"... Tony's star is on the rise (both in the public eye and "behind the scenes"), so what do you want to do about it lah? As for the "special treatment" for a selected few - what airline hasn't done this on many an occasion - you think Qantas and Ansett were angels in this regard... get real, it happens, you can't change it, so live with it... particularly in Malaysia.
Cross Check:

What? If you don't mind me asking....Why you took so long? 12 months? What were you doing there?

Anyway, i know this isn't english class..... but to my knowledge the word "behemoth" does mean powerful and mighty! Correct me if am wrong. Also i realised it doesn't do any good writing about the mess that has been going on in MAS. There's no point arguing with you or anyone for that matter.... it's just me getting frustrated and really really tired of all the injustice MAS has done to many and victimised some of my friends!

No one can do anything abt these! I don't think Idris can do any good either! Idris's decision to cut down the routes shows his incapabilities and his first move itself was a blunder! Only a "Matsalleh" or whatever you call it there can do some good...i guess!