PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is happening in MAS?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 13:59
Cross Check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Everyone's a critic...

MAStake: I know you've been around a while and through a few hoops before so I'm not gonna argue with ya, but AK always winge they were disadvantaged, but they had a lot of concessions too... Made a profit... yes sir they did in spite of all the internal scandals - and it was in part at the expense of their employees in more ways than one (dare I say medical and Loss of licence premiums not paid...)

BB400: Yup, got it in one. But not "sold" - AK will be ultimately responsible for their operation, but will very likely be sub-contracted.

CptPlanet: You too huh, you have my sympathies. And how long have you been doing all this for? 6 months easy right? I've been at it for 12 months to be standing on the doorstep, but the door is still locked...

LF: Can you see what I'm getting at? And by behemoth I meant slow and lumbering, not mighty and powerful - that would be a juggernaut. The whole application/interview process doesn't happen overnight (hence at least 6 months as I suggested) - I've been doing it for 12 months mah so don't lecture or blast me about not knowing the situation... I'm living it buddy, I get to read the news everyday and know enough people on the inside to know what's going on. I don't like what I see or hear either - but little outbursts like yours don't exactly help our situation either. Prior to March 20th MAS were cautious but upbeat that recruiting was still safe (they were much more pessimistic in Jan/Feb). Between 20-26th it was the Idris & Tony show and on the 27th with the Government announcements MAS HR got "winded". MAS has much to answer for in its long history and Idris has a job and a half on his hands, but it's too easy just to point the finger at MAS and say "your fault"... Tony's star is on the rise (both in the public eye and "behind the scenes"), so what do you want to do about it lah? As for the "special treatment" for a selected few - what airline hasn't done this on many an occasion - you think Qantas and Ansett were angels in this regard... get real, it happens, you can't change it, so live with it... particularly in Malaysia.

Last edited by Cross Check; 30th Apr 2006 at 14:22.