PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Van down in the Congo
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 13:39
747barberspole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet you are a real Ace...hey??

Originally Posted by 747barberspole
Your comment takes a lot away from all the people involved in such areas.
i am not passing judgement on what happened, but your statement is a little foolish i think...

how many mountains do you know of that flew into planes and killed the people on board...?

so, for whatever reason it might be, it was the pilots that flew into the ground/mountain/bad weather or whatever you want to call it....if they were all aces as you say they would still be alive...

i am not detracting from people who are good pilots, but it seems our community finds it hard to accept it when we make mistakes, errors in judgement, or just fcuk up which may ultimately lead to a crash.

we all make mistakes, just hopefully we live to learn from them, always going to be the case...[/quote]

You have obviously never left the comfort of flying in a first world country, were weather forecasts are available and are accurate. The there are no mountains that are higher then your aircrafts cruising levels and you have to fly from GPS point to GPS point between the peaks, and let me not mention that you have never flown in areas were people are trying to shoot you down at every opportunity they get.

You probably are one of those guys who will sit in the pub talking about how great you are and that you always make the right decisions and how bad other pilots are because they flew into a mountain…because as far as you know…” no mountain has ever flown into a plane…hahaha.”

I saw a good T-shirt once…it said “think before you say something stupid”

Have some heart…it looks like three people might have lost their lives for g*d sake.

Sorry to all of you who had to read this.[/quote]