PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearing in...it's all rubbish!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 11:09
yellowdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBW,
I'm not sure I understand why one crew member is going to look after 131 pax by themselves?

If you have a config of 13/131 with three crew most pursers, me included, will look after the 13 by themselves and leave two crew to do the 131 with drinks.

If the purser insists on two crew members looking after 13 then they are selfish, stupid and unworthy of being a purser.

I can see problems when the club load goes up past, say, 25 but here's what I plan to do and hopefully so will all the other pursers with an ounce of common.

Preflight I will ask the number 3 to do my SEP checks, while I set up the galley, I know where everything is then so I don't have to bother the number 3 during he flight.

Then send the 3 to the back to help set up the rear galley and get a cup of tea.

On boarding the 3 will help in the front galley with the boarding process.
During the flight the 2 and 3 will give out sandwiches followed by drinks, using the bottles and cartons. Flyer 83 why pour? It takes loads more time and it isn't standard. If it looks bad thats the companys to do, not ours.

During this time I can do Club drinks and Club food for anything up to 25ish by myself. If it goes above that then the number 2/3 will have to come and help after the traveller drinks, leaving one person to clear in.

The pursers will have to be strong and not allow any drinks from Club to go down the back, will have to work harder in Club and will have to do everthing to standard.

We can only do what the company want us to do, with a smile and a laugh and if the passengers complain, smile don't take it personally, and give them a comments card. That's what I intend on doing to keep my sanity.

Keep chilled and smiling, don't take it personnally

YD