PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 21:24
aftertwelve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys.

Im back..just got home from a very fun nite out a new club in Singapore - the Butter Factory ..those of you guys who are you Singapore..plz go try ..heaps of chicks ..ahahah

A few days ago i was madly depressed and was so down. But I got heaps of support from ppl like sq_boi and kucinghitam. It really changed my outlook.

Now that I have been thru the grill of the 1st interview and bombed out i know what to expect when i re apply and have another shot at it.

After a moment pondering on yourarm's post I believe that this course that we all are striving to enter (Cadet pilot SIA) is more than merely 3yrs in another technical/theory institution. This course is life changing!

You will bascially have to change your habits. I wasnt an averd reader of the news before..now i make it top priority to read up and know whats going on in South east asia and the rest of the world - because I day when/if i become a pilot its going to affect me greatly - so groom these good habits now!

General knowledge and physics - another aspect which will be trying to educate myself more - when your flying a 160M aircraft you better know the physics and where the hell is the neariest airport if you need to do a emergency landing - so why not learn all of this before the interview?

In short - the preparation for the 1st interview is more than just remembering a few numbers from the SIA website..its life changing... when i get back to perth i will be living and breathing aviation, a current affairs and everythign related to SIA, Singapore and the rest of the global world.

NOt an easy task - but I will take 2-3months or even more to prepare. I dont want to bomb out again ... rejection hurts the soul and the ego..ahhaah.

The rewards will be well worth it - you get to work with the best people who are like minded - not to mention the "respect" that you get from your peers and parents [and the ladies ;p]. The monetary reward is also and benefit - so its all win win. Just make sure your family is ok with you not being there 20 out of the 30days in the month ;p

thats my long 2 singaporean cents worth!

OMG its 5:23am - i have to be in JB in a few hrs >_<

be cool everyone - and read thru more of the posts hotfuse it will help heaps

Cheers,
James