PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO DO ENGINEERS THINK THEY ARE?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 19:07
smudgethecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvg2iln
Noted pussy cat , but your qualifications are much better than par for the course aren't they? If I train to be a lawyer but end up being a postman, I'm a postman. You get 10 out of 10 for holding an engineering degree, but you're doing a mechanics job - hence you are a mechanic.
I think not, i can honestly say my degree was easier to obtain and took less time than my CAA licences took, i think your getting confused betwen the mechs and the licensed engineers there is a large difference both in responsibility and reward, as for me doing a mechs job you clearly dont really know a lot about the aircraft maintenance game, anyhow i suppose it doesnt really matter what im called, i earn a sight more than the majority of my friends who went down the more "academic" route after obtaining their qualifications, (having said that not many of them know the joys of being on a freezing cold wet windy ramp trying to sort out a tech aircraft at three in the morning!) finally, i suggest you look at syllabus required to be studied before sitting a UK engineers licence you may be rather surprised at both the content and depth of knowledge required.