PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 18:17
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skills or no skills!

Did my skills test today with mixed results.
The navigation Old Buck-Spalding-Little Gransden went well,turned onto Gransden leg and was diverted to Sheperds Grove near Honington via Lakenheath,everything was more or less spot on and I was very chuffed.
Examiner said it was well done afterwards.
Then the flying bit,most of my stuff was OK but I was let down by steep turns losing 300 ft in the first one,I regained it before completing the 360 but that was too late,Stalls I thought were OK but was told I left putting full power on a bit late,then some probs with a couple of landing configurations,lots of crosswind but I normally cope quite well with all of these exercises.
I didn't sleep too well last night,I suppose I was thinking about it too much and the whole test took 2hrs 35 mins so I was absolutley knackered by half way through.
Any way the upshot is I need an hours re-training to sit the three failed exercises again,probably do this on Monday and sit the 1 hr partial test in next week or so.
I am obviously very dissapointed, but as several pilots have said ,I am 90% there and to be glad of that.
Lister (Shattered)