PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOP PAY UPBANDING?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 17:14
ramp_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimately its not just about how many people you have under you. One of our "big issues" from the last review highlighted what did a MALM / FS do different from a Sgt ALM. The answer in most cases was draw an additional 3K+ a year and fly less than the Sgt. Most people "in" more than 10 years will understand what I mean by this. Whilst there are still a few of these characters left serving, the majority of FS / MACR today fulfil multi roles such as QHTI / QHCIs / Trainers / ROs / Snr Crewman / Dep Snr Cmn / STANO and the list goes on. Whilst this list is ALM biased, Im pretty sure that its much the same across the WSOp Trade. One big thing to take onboard is that the pay scales represent High and Low, not technical / non technical as eluded to in some posts. Yes it did feel a kick in the slats to have been down banded and considered "low band", however knowing the people that were exmained by the review body on my unit, I know that they gave their all representing the trade. What is so frustrating is the fact of not knowing the result. How can I put a down payment on the new Porsche if I don't know the outcome. I bet I would have known the outcome if the money was being reduced!!!!