PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the worst hotel in the world ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 16:07
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I so agree with those people who mentioned the Ibis Luton. The bathroom was a health hazard, you would flush the toilet and the contents of the toilet would appear on the bathroom floor from a leak somewhere in the toilets base.

The shower curtain was mouldy, the heating controls didn't work. This was back in the days that FR had 732's based at LTN, so I would get woken up at about 04:00 by the first FR departure of the day

The Ibis style 'continental' breakfast is the worst breakfast I have ever had. Every morning someone would start a fire with the toaster getting jammed. They should have had a nice handy BCF on standby by it

On one night when staying there, my group was eating in the restaurant. The meals were so bad that we asked to see the manager, he came over, we forced him to try the food - he dissappeared into the kitchen and it became an episode of 'Fawlty Towers' with the sounds of shouting and pots being chucked around

One night I remember hearing someone having a shag. Next morning, my group was all talking about the noise from this particular room - it turned out the shagging was going on 2 floors above mine, so the walls and floors must be paper thing

Thank God I don't have to stay there anymore!