PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAE DUTCH ANTILLES INFO????
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 14:30
MercenaryAli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be Careful

A company in Majorca several years ago started up and "recruited" 12 disciples! They were a little wet behind the ears but apparently all paid around 15000 euros to the company to type rate them on the Shorts SD3-60 which was supposed to carry freight between Majorca and Madrid. the Chief Pilot was a Spaniard, whose name eludes me right now however, he people skills were non existent and when it came to rules and regulations he knew only "Que?".
Some expat crews, myself amongs them, were recruited as a stop gap to start the operation and to my knowledge these poor guys who bankrolled the operation never did get any training much less a type rating. The aircraft was leased and the owner probaby never got paid, the engineer is still owed money and so are others I am told.
You young guys out there please be careful before you part with any of your hard earned money. Tell them you want to SEE the product before you BUY.
I heard there was a company trying to set up in Aruba with Short SD3-60 aircraft, Tiara Air i think.
Anyone know about them?
Best of luck.