PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearing in...it's all rubbish!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 13:16
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
patience...

Hi guys....

thanks for the nice words. I only wish our unions were proper unions. Instead they up the company management....if at least they had agreed to it if the company de-linked the longest doubles!! you give something to get something!!! (BTW double=four sectors)
I am flying to Naples and Glasgow tomorrow, 11hrs 35minutes duty, fix turnarounds (35mins - no getting off the plane) all the way through. Do they want some blood too??? How is it going to be when it's only one person looking after 131 pax on their own, for four sectors without any break???

Flyblue, like you I have been sending reports since the launch. Every flight a report saying what is good (apparently the quality of the food is slightly better, but man, you need a microscope to find your breakfast ) and what is really, really bad. Unfortunately the "trials" they did were unsuccessful from many points of view (including go-arounds due to cabin checks not completed in time) but without any consultations with us, they decided to go ahead and implement the changes.

The problem is that those people who come up with "innovative" ways to save money, sit on their lovely bums all day long in an office that doesn't move and haven't got a clue!!!!! One person doing tea and coffee on the bar trolley, starting from row 5 all the way down...how many times are we supposed to pull the cart up and down from the rear galley to get back-up teas and coffees? Those carts are heavy!! Also imagine how many people usually queue in the aisle at any one time....

I am totally for min crew operation IF the service we give is appropriate to the crewing levels and can be done quickly, safely and I can attend to pax/situations that need my attention in a calm way without feeling overwhelmed!! Also we need proper breaks!! So I will send in feedback until they start listening.

We'll do it, I know we will, you're right flyblue....but gosh I have never seen the crew so down in my whole flying career. Hopefully we'll soon see some changes, we'll get used to it and it will become the norm. But not before they put back onboard some stirrers...I will get burnt if I keep stirring my tea with my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patience....

FBW