PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is happening in MAS?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 10:29
levelflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What the hell is happening in MAS?

A word about MAS A friend of mine who is working for MAS told me this story: A guy applied to MAS recently together with 9 other guys and they were interviewed, checked out on sim, did all the medicals and exams. It seems that all 6 were selected. All these happened in the midst of the retrenchment!

My question is why recruit when MAS is retrenching?

In the midst of all these, 2 of the selected guys are malaysians and apparantly they have already started training on F50s! It seems that these 2 guys' dads are captains in MAS!

The rest of the guys are apparantly expats who are fresh pilots just out of MFA for the twin otters FO position. They were also told that they were selected although not in B&W. However, they are not hired yet. The reason from MAS "we are retrenching..... so we don't know abt your situation"!

My question is.... if they are retrenching, why did they do all the selection processes? Then how come MAS hired the locals if they are retrenching?

Another joke is, some of these foreigners were called when they were in their home countries. They had to buy their flight tickets and pay for hotel stay, food, etc here! It has been about 2 and a half months already and they have not got a reply! Poor these fellows....!