PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 29th Apr 2006, 09:52
BEagle

Received 278 Likes on 113 Posts
Yes, the spineless beancounters at ba with no interest in their historical heritage are indeed to blame for the whole sad affair.

Latest news is that the destruction of the Trident and Boeing 707 will have been completed by 25th May; the wreckers had to stop work on the 707 due the wet ground.

Regarding the other 3 aircraft, the Viscount is scheduled to go during the period 21 May to 19 June, followed next by the BAC 1-11 from 19 June to 18 July. Finally, they plan to destroy the VC10 in the period 14 August to 29 August.....

Only the cockpit and some of the forward fuselage sections of the Trident and VC10 will survive. For the responsibility of ordering the wilful destruction of such unique survivng examples of their history, ba should be thoroughly ashamed.

I intend NEVER to fly with ba! Incidentally, although the RAFM have replied to my e-mails, I have heard nothing from [email protected] in response to my e-mails. Has anyone else had a reply?

I guess we must draw our own conclusions from the lack of ba response...