PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 29th Apr 2006, 08:30
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in the USA, they speak 2 different languages.

DHS says you need a tourist visa or a visa waiver and
the transport security administration (TSA)want a m1 or a f1 visa.

if you are screened by the TSA, and your school is not under the I-20 program(course of 1 year) , they will deny your application.Your school is apparently not under the I-20 program.

if you are not screened by the TSA , you will receive an authorisation.

it is just a question of luck.

actually , many students like you have already been denied and have lost their money.

You will know after the 30 days waiting period.

if you are denied expect an answer like this: "we have reviewed your application, as you are ineligible to enter in the USA, we can not process with your application."

or if accepted:" you have been granted authorisation...."

I think this problem come from the 9/11 families' associations who think it is scandalous that foreign students pilots can have access to these big simulators with no visa when a visa M1 is required for a cessna 152.

I would suggest you to wait their answer before paying for the course, if the TSA follow their procedure, you won't be accepted as the only visa accepted are M1-F1-J1.
I think more and more student are refused until a new type of visa is issued by the immigration and approved by the TSA (tourist visa is not approved by the TSA).

please,keep me/us in touch about your application.

Last edited by dartagnan; 27th Jul 2006 at 21:29.