PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 and DEFO's
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 00:58
Turbo Beaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest News Crews

If no one is being held back from upgrade, then the current contract will suffice and no bypass pay will be paid , so there is no reason to remove bypass pay from our contract.

If the airline is going to expand rapidly, you can go from 55 direct to 60. Does it matter if it develops in 2 year stages?

“In the absence of an agreement, bypass pay will continue, as it is a contractual obligation”. Leave it Status Quo.

If the Senior pilots want to work on lower conditions, well, they will do so, irrelevant of how is affects the COS, they always have. Makes it more difficult for the rest of the pilots at CX.

CX has to take care of the Senior Pilots C&T on extension by offering them and increased housing until 2009. Does not help the junior pilots or pilots reaching the age of 55 beyond 2009.

As said before, CX can hire DEFO’s tomorrow. They just have to pay year 1 F/O passenger wages and benefits. I don’t see a problem with that.

It will be a matter of luck if new hires obtain F/O on the pass or the freighters. CX understands they will never get another application for the freighter if they hire DEFO’s under the current contract. If a new DEFO is hired on pass pay and benefits, they will never receive another application for the freighter, unless the freighter F/O’ are at par with the pass F/O’s , hence the new UNIFIED pay scale for F/O’s, no money in freight you know.

Kick me if I am wrong, but did we not have a unified freighter/passenger pay scale, say.............. about 10 years ago? I must be mistaken.

In my opinion, it is now time for CX to deal with the mess they made 10 years ago. Does anyone need a history lesson?

If the F/O’s have a unified pay scale, then why not the Captains?

“These changes only apply to new crew” and “no-one would have their existing conditions changed against their will”. Basically, a new contract for new joiners and “against their will”, no it comes in the form “sign or be fired”.

As PW is true to forum, he continues to make threats to the crew body. Some things never change.

New S/O’s, join while you can because this rank will be eliminated in the very long term. You will be an S/O for a long time, but at least you have a CX number. It will be some time before a window seat becomes available. CX will promise a window seat, but we know how promises are kept here, in honor only. Ring any bells?