PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 28th Apr 2006, 19:24
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Am I the only person on pprune to be getting a bit p*ssed off by the folks who are blaming this debacle on the RAF Museum?

Let's face it, British Airways are forever telling us that they are the most profitable airline in the world and yet they cannot raise a little finger to save their own bl**dy heritage. (Do you remember the Argonaut, the Comet and the Trident survivors at Heathrow)?

BA should have been looking after their airframes with proper funding since the very beginning. They could easily have found their own site and not have relied on squatters rights at Cosford.

My main interest is in Belfast XR371 and if she had been threatened by one of these squatters then I would have been very upset. The RAF Museum is an RAF Museum and not a convenient park for the most profitable airline in the world.

What a contrast to South African Airways: I will admit that the SAA historic flight has been banished to Swartkop for a few years but they are now back at Jan Smutts. (My old co-pilot flew the Ju-52 back in there a few months ago - No.12 in the hold would you believe)?

You will note that I used the term "flew the Ju-52". They also have flying DC-3s and DC-4s.

BA could not even manage to keep a Viscount flying even if they had a fire burning underneath their ar*e.

The whole reason this wonderful collection is coming apart is entirely because of the complete apathy of British Airways and absolutely no one else.

The RAF Museum has been more than patient and the modern Royal Air Force (thanks to Tony and his crooked mates) is hurting wose than I have ever seen.