PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 question
Thread: V1 question
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 16:52
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old smokey: Did you mean V1-10 and not V1+10 knots for a RTO SPD? a little typo I guess.

BTW looking for myself at TODR vs WAT and OEI-Climb gradients vs WAT-assumed from the screen as well as scheduled V1's for particular limiting conditions (first actions initiated BY V1(TL's closed, spoilers up, I assume) and the continued climb one you definitely make it on either side. So checkout various combo's on the WAT curves for yourself they all schedule safe margins.
56% of overruns occur after V1; others times there have been W@Bal errors contributing, and at other times improper handling of aborts. It may be of little help because of the real life startle factor, but all you airlines guy's if you can i would ask if (if extra time remains on the sim) for a V1 cut after EFATO very soon before V1 under WAT limiting conditions; and a WAT limited OEI climb at V2 with EFATO occuring just before V1 so that you will have proven to yourself that the schedules work on either side.When flying small multi's ( about 40 hrs). I have to rely entirely on the performance data and many times one contends with a lot of "grey area" combinations where you can't STOP and can't GO and have to wait until it cools a bit outside Feel grateful for a jet's performance IMHO V1 and V2 sound very comforting.

Oh... I've read Old Smokey's response more carefully, it's just seeing V1+10 cause an involuntary motor-eye reflex.

Last edited by rhovsquared; 28th Apr 2006 at 22:58.