PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 28th Apr 2006, 15:00
Just Browsing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just stepped out of my time machine from this summer:

The Headlines in the newspapers:

£90,000 per year pilots set to strike after rejecting 10% pay deal!

Pilots at Europe's biggest lo-cost carrier vote for strike action following a long running pay dispute with management. A spokesman for easyJet commented today how disappointing it was that pilots were unable to accept a two year deal that would take captains' earnings close to £100,000 per year......

Wouldn't you prefer:

Pilots threaten strike action over unsafe schedules

Pilots at Europe's biggest lo-cost carrier vote for strike action following a long running dispute over rostering practices. A BALPA spokesperson commented today how disspointing it was that the company was unwilling to make changes to its rostering practices which would reduce dangerous levels of fatigue amongst flight crews......

I understand we are already at stage 2 with the lifestyle mission, I think we need to move on to that fight immediately.

But I have concern: if so many pilots are considering voting 'no' then there is real danger that these discontented members will resign from BALPA in disgust. I don't need to spell out the consequences of that reaction.

And a final thought: cabin crew will find it very difficult to live of their basic salary whilst we're striking for another percentage point on our pension. That's going to test CRM to the very limit when we start flying again!

JB