PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA 500K Chart Amendments
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 11:12
rjt194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by funfly
We did a poll on another forum recently and very few people seem to check the chart updates regularly and we couldn't find anyone who actually drew anything on their charts!
'course I always does

It would certainly be a great help if the information was presented in a more user friendly way (cf grid references) I could even suggest that important changes be accompanied by little self-adhesive stickers to stick over the altered section on your chart - perhaps one of the chart suppliers would think this is a good idea for a subscription service?
I think that the CAA could learn a few lessons from the Admiralty on chart updates. They make colour blocks available to download and print-out of any major or complex changes issued in NM's. Its also mandatory to keep your charts up to date - something which doesn't seem to be the case in aviation (or at least enforced). I remember getting funny looks at my school when asked if there was a standard way to update charts (maritime charts are updated in purple ink and the update number and date written at the bottom left of the chart so you know when it was last updated).