PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 28th Apr 2006, 09:55
flybear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no problem paying for a service -in this case the instructors time- if i get back a quality service in return.
The groundschool is not good there, the instructors are made to do it by management if there is no flying. they dont like doing as it is unnecessary therefore quality suffers as they are burning up your time to keep management happy.
The following is a rumour which i hope is not true - Accounts told management that ptc is making money on flying but needs to make more money on groundschool, hence the price increase (which was unannounced before it was charged) and the pushing of groundschool on to students. Remember rumour.
btw preflight is charged by the minute, and is always rounded up. at 1 euro a minute that adds up.
every time you chat to an instructor you feel like you're not sure if you will have to pay for it.
the advertising for the "guaranteed of FO opportunities" will be news to all of "qualifying graduates" i'm sure. Unless they mean the mcc in parc but you dont have to go to ptc for that.