PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much to borrow???
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 09:32
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you should consider all options before planning for an integrated course...

Think about this: Work in your call centre while using your monthly wages to get your PPL (2-3 lessons a week, this gives you something to look forward too each week and passes time very quickly...fastest 9 months of my life). Continue to use your wage to hour build upto 150 hours (with 100hrs P1 - your pre-entry CPL hour requirements) while at the same time either saving for a full time ground school course or reading distance learning books.

After you have achieved this you need to pay for your CPL/IR MCC which will be the best part of 20k, you can then take out a small bank loan against a career development loan.....We could all go and get a huge loan and complete our fATPL license in the fastest means possible but I would rather spend two extra years paying for it myself than spending 10 years paying a loan back. Put a modular student in the bar next to an integrated student with 70k of debt on his shoulders and see whos smiling stress free with his fATPL license...I would only do the integrated route if I had sponsorship/financial status to do so.

Total Modular - £45k average
Total Integrated - £75k average
Both routes gives you the exact same license for the exact same job apart from one route costs 30k more.