PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 28th Apr 2006, 09:23
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please do not give 'advice' when you do not know of what you speak. FAA requirements for their ATPL are quite different from those that apply within the UK/JAA legislative area. There is little point in giving prices for aircraft hire in UK to a wannbe who lives in the USA, where prices for aircraft hire are a great deal cheaper. There is no conceivable reason why a US cirtizen would wish to conduct any part of their training in UK, or anywhere else outside the USA.

WBryce if you advertise your website again, you will lose your posting privileges here.

Andrewyun As you have by now gathered, I'm sure, this forum is primarily for students of the JAA licencing system, i.e. Europe. The FAA (US) system is different and advice is best sought elsewhere. A start could be the North America forum here on Pprune, but I recommend you have a look for US-based forums. However, you might want to keep an eye on this thread, which also involves a US wannabe.

Scroggs