PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 07:59
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petrol-Drum "Weber"

Originally Posted by Gainesy
Bunchapoofs.

Get a 45gal oil drum, cut in half lengthways, cook over oak/beech logs.
Right On Gainsey!

Only way to go! And if you want to do a bit of smoking (in the BBQ sense!) you can fit hinges so you can swivel the other half back over (so long as somebody else didn't spot the 2nd half already and put angle-iron legs on that as well )

At the last ESG Mansion, I had the compound staff build me a brick jobby (complete with slots for the elecric spit - did a great Xmas Turkey one year with that) and had to laugh when I left the compound "brickie" working, as I had to nip into town to collect the custom (stainless steel) metalwork; got back to find he had got up to about 5 feet high - "Great, I can see when the underside is done without picking up the meat!" Managed to knock of a few courses as the pug was still wet before installing the ash-tray.

Fuel? Charcoal plus any "interesting" logs I can lay my hands on (Eucalyptus trees here fall down in strong winds and give an unusual aroma)
Lighting? Easy - BBQ fluid if I remembered to buy some, aromatic lemon lamp-oil, if all else fails petrol/gasoline (soak charcoal but let it sit for a bit before going too close with cigarette lighter )

Must be pretty reasonable as I still have a few friends left - or maybe it's my home-brew that they all come for