PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 28th Apr 2006, 07:54
Pigsfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Groundschool

Well what is groundschool..........I would have no problem being charged for the required Long Briefing.......or structured preparation for my written exams...........and know that this is going to be an item that will be charged to my account. Surely the pre-flight brief before a lesson cannot be construed as same, that is part of the lesson. It seems the management have adopted an agressive charging regime over there in the south-east of Ireland.

They are advertising on PPRUNE (banner) and suggesting a guarantee of FO positions?????????????????.

I agree flybear that it has the possibility of becoming a good facility. But sadly it is taking the road of avarice as its failed predecessors in Waterford did. Perhaps the pickings are just too thin down there and so the stealth charges rise.

Prospective students please note that the new Groundschool charges are not included on the website prices at present and also the timeframes shown for required groundschool are a gross under-statement of what they will bill you for.

P