PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 03:51
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just my personal thought of passion. How i weigh if this person is passionate of flying.

If i meet a person who knows so much about flying...can tell me the difference in every type of aircraft and has a vast knowledge of aviation. Is this person passionate?

If i meet a person who had not flown before but had always love to look at the sky for aeroplanes since young. Is this person passionate?

Hard to differenciate? If i straight away say come on...u only know this and that or u havent even flown how do u know u r passionate? I can be right or i can be wrong. How can one judge a person's passion by just reading or knowing the person for a day or 2? Passion is a collective event. You think the SQ interviewers can see if one is passionate or not in just a 20mins interview?

This is all a trap of what i call perception. If he likes u good if not too bad. Everyone of us has a perception build in us of what passions are. So to argue and debate this issue, it will never come to an end. My only advise is, if one is really passionate about flying, forget about what others think about you, u can be either rich or poor, if your heart is always with the sky while working, eating or sleeping, you can tell yourself flying is what u want to do for the rest of your life. If you failed once, twice, thrice and thought about giving up, then you know which category u fall into. Cheers and just my 2 cents worth.