PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 26th April 2006
Thread: 26th April 2006
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2006, 03:02
bus canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[A]re you given an overall package and all your deductions are taken from that? ie everyone is payed X but jonny has 2 kids in school so thats taken from his package but ahmed has no kids so thats money in the pocket?
Education is paid for to a point. Jonny will have to reach into his pocket to top up. How much depends mostly on which school he picks for his kids. The extra amount is deducted off your paycheque.
{I}have heard that EK a/c are getting unoffically parked up due lack of staff. ie maintence takes 1 week instead of 2 days. cleaning etc is this true? and how will any resignations affect this.
Some flights have been cancelled because of lack of crew, but I don't think any aircraft have been parked. Still taking delivery of 1 per month.
{I}s it just pilots that they are having trouble getting/convincing to stay or is it across the board?
This question is difficult to answer. There were rumblings of a massive Maintenance departure, but it didn't happen. The Cabin Crew have a pretty high turnover, but I think that that's factored into the business plan. There has been and is a large number of pilots leaving, but they don't give us the statistics, so I'm just going by how many guys I know that have quit. Flight Ops doesn't seem too concerned. I haven't seen 1 attempt to improve morale and if fact, there has not been any direct communication from the top in months.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by bus canuck; 28th Apr 2006 at 04:42.