PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 27th Apr 2006, 22:31
JamesA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The end of the BA collection?

Thank you for the update regarding the fate of these machines BEagle.
I note that once again museums are only interested in the 'sharp ends'. Does no one realise there are other interesting parts on an aeroplane? Take the VC10, here is a design dating back some fifty years. I think the rear fuselage with engines and empenage would make a very interesting exhibit. Showing how the engines and tail are mounted on the rear fuselage, does credit to the design team, even today. It could be displayed with the skin removed from one side thereby showing the two beams and three angled frames supporting the engines and tail assembly respectively.

I hope something can be done to save these aircraft, I, like many others feel a lot of history will be lost if they end up in a scrap yard as appears is their destiny. If there is somebody out there who has any say in the matter, I can offer a covered home for the Conway engines for the foreseeable future - of course there is a snag - they will have to be trucked to Belgium.