PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA jobs
Thread: SIA jobs
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2001, 04:51
Farside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Insider . You never stop to surprise me with your excellent write ups especially this last one, the more taking into consideration that you were not at the meeting. You have exactly made the relevant points and there is not much to add. I left with some optimism because I was impressed with the way general Bey was conducting his part of the question and answer session. With his past sterling reputation in the air force, and I have flown with enough ex SAF air force pilots here in Singapore to confirm this, I believe that we could be on a recovering trend. It was very reassuring to see that there is respect and a sort of trust between the president of the union , Capt Mok, and general Bey. It has to be said the Capt. Mok gave a very clear and straight forward reply to some of the future hopeful plans of management, and also stated that these stop gap measures were more or less the last bargaining points we had left in the barrel. It is obvious, and we did not need a consultant to tell us, that the present climate between pilots and management is not what you want to battle the oncoming barrage of problems due to pilot shortage, but again if general Bey and the new Director Flt Ops are capable of getting a more trustful and open relation between the two groups, you wont believe what a difference twelve months can do. And it is not only money that is the cure for morale problems, it is as general Bey calls it “hygiene” that has a definite influence in climbing morale, and one of the things that need a very very deep cleaning with gallons of Dettol is our Staff travel because every time I walk out of there I need a shower !!!