PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSOP PAY UPBANDING?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 11:16
WhoAreYa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with your argument is that the shiney fleet ALM's are but a small minority of the whole branch, I would imagine they would have little impact on the overall findings. Besides from a managerial and supervisory point their duties carry far more responsibly than the majority of others. Correct me if I'm wrong (you normally do) but I believe the pay banding is not solely judged on how technical your particular job is. I'm sure they also take into account supervisory responsibilities.
How else would you justify a WO mover being on the high pay band ? Is his job more technical than a MALM's ? Again I think not, but he does have significantly higher ranking officers in his trade (supply)fighting his cause than we do in the Wsop branch.

The fact remains that we are all the same trade now and in theory have no choice in which specialty or aircraft type we are employed on.
Should those personnel posted to ALM duties be penalised whilst their counterparts who wear the same brevet get paid more ?

With crossover being available (in theory) I wonder what would happen if all the ALM's applied for Aeng or Aeop duties.

How on earth they can justify the present system is beyond me.

Last edited by WhoAreYa; 27th Apr 2006 at 11:35.