PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 and DEFO's
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 06:51
Mr. Bloggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it ever end???

Well, the AOA is only as strong as its members. I am not happy with the AOA, things need to change within before the AOA can move forward.

Seems the Senior pilots who complained B Scale were lowering the COS has no merit. As in '99, they just wanted someone else to fight their fight and someone to blame. We now see where the problem exists.

As for the new contract changes............. it is open for debate.

It seems the more we assist the company, the more profit share we procure.

Don’t believe we will see a pay increase and don’t expect a 13 month this year. Fuel prices are too high and we need to budget for the 10 month salary bonuses for our managers.

We have to help out where we can, so we may as well take it from the pockets of our junior pilots, in the form of bypass pay.

Hey it doesn’t affect me!

What happens if we allow the extensions on the lower COS? Where do you think the COS will tend to trend?

If it materialises by way of voting, their is no one to blame but you.

There is provisions in our contract to hire DEFO’s, please abide by the contract. Whenever a piece of the contract is not of their liking they wish to change it. What do you get in return, 30 days free reserve and a promise. I have heard those promises before.

When do you think it will stop? If it ever will.

It is time to say no, or forever be kneeling with your begging bowl. Seems most people don’t mind being on their knees.