PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 26th Apr 2006, 21:50
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try again

i have tried to post a reply....it was removed i will try this version!

today i think i managed to get my point across. i have got a standing ovation from families and politicians alike with my facts......and tears. i'm ashamed to say that i cried but that only served to emphasize that i'm one of the realities of war and the effects of loss.

we have got politicians on side and i will PM anyone who wants names. they now know that you are flying without defensive aids in some planes, you are flying in them without the protection of foam. we are in this partly, some would say to support the americans, yet we are unable to work as an equal as we have not got the same basic equipment that they have on all their hercs. while they are offered protection from their own aircraft when they have the priviledge of being on our hercs they are not. reid speaks of lucky shots. as i said previously this is not about luck. it is a lottery as to which planes can offer the defensive aids system and if the MOD statement are to be believed in time which plane has got EST.

these politicans now know that the americans have foam in all their ac and there are no complaints about manouvreability. i told them about the off the record MOD comment that they are keen to fit foam but the pilots are the obstructive ones as there are complaints that the manouvreability is affected by this technology. i also highlighted that there are the comments made by the MOD that they were not aware that there were vunerability risks on this plane. i told the politicans that the risks were pointed out shown costed and promptly ignored, there are very raised eyebrow in parliament tonight. they know that i want foam for all planes.

i just hope i did you proud.