PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 19:59
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CentreFix25
On the routes front, i think AA did a good job of scaring off any potential operator to NY for the time being.
Why do you say this ? I can't see the logic, the only other remotely possible airline that was likely to be interested last year was CO. Just because they were apparantly beaten to NYC by AA does not suggest that they would have been prepared to operate the route this year in any event. Personally I was totally uncomfortable with the AA proposal the minute they announced they were to fly the route on a one class basis, giving priority to business frequent flyers and the like, whilst the 757's were effectively configured as business class up front. Although totally shocked by the pull out I was doubtful as to the routes potential for success.
CO are the ONLY other potential operator that stand even half chance of success on this route, you can forget the likes of DL and any other mainstream US airline. As the operator must neceesarily be US based with a network to support onward destinations and thus higher demand, then in my book all roads lead to CO and they know this and will take their time. I'll give them two years max to make their move, if you read some of the recent press statements from Parkin he seems more bullish, but then he would, thats his job.