PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Length of CV
Thread: Length of CV
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 18:51
sarboy w****r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covering Letter Advice

Having searched PPrune for information on CVs, and spoken with some colleagues who have gone through the military to civilian job transition, I think I've got a reasonable idea as to how to format my CV.

However, I'm not so sure about what would normally be expected in a covering letter and what should be avoided, and would greatly appreciate some advice. I've drafted a letter, but as you only get one first impression, I thought I'd check with others before firing it off. I can't easily go to the colleagues I spoke with earlier for advice, as I'm presently flying in Afghanistan...

I'm going to be looking for a helicopter job in late 07 in NZ, but am going down there in a couple of months to have a chat with some prospective employers and to do my license flight test etc. I have a couple of companies I have made contact with to speak to when I am down there, but wish to expand the numbers a little. I'm intending to write to some other companies with CV and covering letter shortly, hence the need for some advice.

Scroggs: with your background, I'd particularly be grateful for any advice about covering letter dos and don'ts that you feel you can offer.

So, open to the floor: any tips, suggestions or mistakes to be avoided please?

Thanks,

SBW