PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 18:07
Rapid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its made the papers.....

Todays Manchester Evening News

A row has broken out among air crew amid claims air hostesses threatened to poison a pilot.
The row is said to have started after a BA FO wrote a letter to an airline newspaper criticising cabin attendants rosters. But he recieved an unexpected response from members of a cabin crew's union internet forum.
One disgruntled chatroom member reportedly said "Me thinks eye drops in the coffee!!" Watch ur food and drink very carefully Mr xxxxxxx".
The alleged comments on the private British Airlines Steward And Stewerdesses Association (BASSA) forum caused a storm of protest after they were quoted on a pilots website.
One writer on the widely read Proffesional Pilots Rumour Network ( PPRuNe ) said the FO had been "inundated with threats" to poison him with eyedrops.
Another said "The stories make me feel sick. It is not just eyedrops. One would feel lucky if it was just that". One commentator said " I'm cabin crew for the said company and would never consider poisoning one of my fellow workers."
Another said "Grow up. Its just a bit of banter on the forum. Things are taken too seriously these days. Just laugh and get on with it".
It is not the first time that chatroom pilots have expressed concerns about alleged threats to spike their coffee during a flight.
One writer in 2004 quoted a cabin attendant as saying "If he wants a cappuccino he would ave the best one ever - specially made - but i can't let you all in on my special bland. It's all in the beans, of course!"
BASSA is part of the Transport and General Workers Union. A TGWU spokesman said " Maybe if the pilot had thought before opening his mouth, he would'nt be at the butt end of the story now".
Balpa, the pilots union, woiuld not comment.
A spokesman for BA said "We have spoken to the pilot and he has not made any complaint."
It is believed eyedrops cause diarrhoea when they are swallowed. Some contain tetrahydrozoline, which can be dangerous if swallowed.