PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vast range of prices for the same camera.
Old 26th Apr 2006, 16:40
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I have been listening to Cetury21electronics' verbiage for the last hour. I had plenty to do, so with head-phones and boom mic at the ready, I listened to some quite nice piano music and softly spoken lies.

"Our good reputation is our best asset."

However, when finally contact with a human was made, he, and then subsequent operatives, had no time to continue a conversation beyond a 20 second limit.

"Can I ascertain that you are willing to sell me......" "Are you ready to place an order?" "Well I,... Click.

Customer service, after a ten minute wait. "I've been talking to your sales......" "I'll put you through to that department." "NO! I've just......" Click.

With sheer bloody mindedness I hung on and on and via another aborted contact with sales I finally got back to customer service.

"Customer service, please hold." Some minuets later. "Customer service."

"Hi, I spoke to you a few minutes ago....." Click. Not one word, and back to the piano.

After about 10 more minutes Adam from sales answered. He obviously had a moment to spare...not a minute, but a moment. After rasing the subject of the battery, he asked for which camera.

"Canon 20D"

"not available...4 to 6 weeks"

"The Nikon D200?"

"Not available. Try again in 4 to 6 weeks."

I thanked him and hung up.

I have to be sure of my accusations, so I called back to an extension number that I know is not any of those that I have called this morning.

Canon 20D IS available, but a ‘complete' deal is quickly offered. (no lens--if that can be considered complete, but at least this is fairly common.)

Just what if I had spent good money there and I needed support? Huh!