PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute Dropping
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 16:11
jimpearce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, a tricky one.
I'm employed by the Headcorn Parachute Club and flying the Islander which is great fun when it flies and superb experience.
Not sure why you would pay a fortune to get to bpa pilot standard as much of the training is on the job as I presume you already have an MEP.
I think I did a GH flight and a flight to do a few circuits other than this most training had fare paying jumpers on board.
I'm a great believer in things are what you make them and HPC were short of a pilot for the turbo beaver during feb and march so they rated me on this as well.
The down side for me now the Beaver is back in Denmark for the summer is that the islander is the second aircraft and things are a bit slow but on the plus side I'm keeping current and building multi hours. IN AN IDEALWORLD I'D BE DOING A LOT MORE FLYING.
Best of luck whatever you decide but the pay does seem a bit low, try negotiating???
For the age sceptics I finished last october at 38 and by December was flying the islander part-time whilst still maintaining an engineering job to pay the bills...... sometimes you have to have faith and take the plunge.
Jim.