PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Behaviour
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 10:04
halfballdeflection

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Behaviour

I recently saw this. As a pilot at YTWB I saw an argument between an instructor and a CP of a local operator who uses multi piston and a business jet. The cp parked his twin cessna 421 on the fuel point nose to nose with smaller piston aircraft. Only 1 taxi way is provided to get in and out of the fuel station. The smaller machines were parked facing into wind. One pilot was positioning a ladder and climbing up it to fuel his 180. Another trainer was parked in front of another hangar and as the twin entered his slipstream blew the little trainer, door/flaps and controls everywhere. The instructor challenged the cp who completely denied doing anything wrong even though he had now parked in a c180 and blew the crap out of another trainer. The cp then went onto insult the instructors experience when trying to explain his actions.

I think this is a poor airmanship demo and big aeroplane itis. As a new pilot I was amazed the cp didn't even acknowledge the fact he could of damaged the small trainer. Ever heard of this parking in of small aircraft by twins nose to nose? I believe the cp was ex airline and was amazed when other pilots said "typical".