PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 25th Apr 2006, 23:19
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the message across

i just want to make myself clear. i was not saying that i was upset in an angry way as the photos were shown. i chose to look at them of my own free will and as a result accept the consequences. thankyou for those of you who have taken the time to offer explanations. it has been appreciated that you have tried to help. i know that those two crashes were two separate incidents. it is important though that we do take time to dwell on what might have been re: C5 and what was on XV179 despite the fact that the causes were different.

WE MUST HAVE SUPPRESSANT TECHNOLOGY ON ALL HERCULES.

the message is simple.

i have been approached by a news agency and given the opportunity to tell my story about why i'm taking part in this campaign. it is felt by the journalist that it will be most effective doing it woman to woman. i'm talking to other wives/mothers/sisters/daughters and the like. they will be made aware that all the protection that their countries afford their troops counts for nothing when they have the honour of being on a british albert as we don't have foam. the feature will go to the nationals overseas. i've been told that it will likely be US and australia. i will get this message across. my parents want all hercules protected. this may be idealistic but a few token planes lucky enough to win the lottery of funding is not sufficient .

please watch the news tomorrow. the military families who have lost their children in iraq will be lobbying MP's and delivering the petition to downing street. thankyou to those of you who have signed the petition. it will make a difference. thankyou for your support.