PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just TROLLEY DOLLIES?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2006, 20:37
johnrizzo2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i was flying last week from boston to dublin, we had a short stop in shannon. A lot of the passengers got up and walked around, and some got chatting. two in particular were chatting near me, and were discussing the fact that one of the cabin crew was only 19 and were saying ''why would anybody ever want to do that job. its not even glamourous like it used to be. its a real waste, and there's no skill needed for it. what will she do later on in life?'', and the woman she was chatting to replied ''yeah, i know, i mean look at the senior cabin crew. shes in her thirties and shes just a trolly dolly. why would you waste your life?''. The funniest thing was, the senior cabin crew was standing behind!!!!!

I though that those two women were just ignorant! it worried me a little, because i would like to be a cabin crew sometime, and would love to work for the airline i was travelling on!!!! i guess the questions about career choice, and sexual preference (for male), are something all of us wannabe cabin crew will have to face!