PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2006, 14:41
Gweedo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPA Pay

Here's the latest nugget from AMP - the good news is that only some will not get their flying pay! Join the JPA lottery now! I bet some chaps at AFPAA are getting pineapples placed in orifices that they'd rather remain intact.
JPA LAUNCH - FLYING PAY AND LATEST UPDATE
Although elements of the JPA rollout have not gone as smoothly as planned, I would like to emphasise that preparations by RAF personnel have been as thorough as they possibly could have been and reflect the considerable effort that staffs throughout the RAF have put into enabling JPA roll out. My staff continue to work with AFPAA to ensure that they, EDS and Oracle have any information they require to resolve the current system performance issues.
I am aware that a number of people have concerns about pay and pay related issues, but much of that debate is clouded by a lack of fact. Addressees will be aware that an anomaly in the payment of flying pay was identified yesterday in connection with Apr 06 pay statements. Overnight investigation has revealed that around 1100 individuals were not allocated flying pay. The source of the problem has been identified as an initial entry sequencing error in the transition to JPA. Remedial action has been swift and a further pay run will be completed today to allow the vast majority of these individuals to receive their entitlement correctly and on time. I am informed that subsequent pay runs will not be affected in the same way.
Work continues to address the system performance issue and the fault is thought to lie in the self-service area. Expert Oracle and EDS staff continue to assist AFPAA in seeking resolution. In the last week, each time that self-service was enabled the system quickly ground to a halt. For the time being access will be limited to HR professionals who will be asked to log on as self-service users at different times to enable system performance data to be gleaned. This, in turn, will assist the diagnostic and resolution process. In the meantime, self-service users will not have access to the system.
Urgent contingency planning to identify the critical self-service processes to ensure business continuity is in train. Work to date has centred on having a viable alternative method to allow the payment of expenses. Other areas identified include having an alternative method of leave entry and a means of individuals entering posting choices. Whilst I remain optimistic that the self service system performance problem will be rectified soon, I will implement an alternative process next week should it be necessary to do so. I will update you on progress in due course, but in the meantime urge you to publicise widely this update and link to the AFPAA JPA operational bulletins.
AMP