PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ouch!
Thread: Ouch!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2006, 09:34
tallulah1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch!

Oh I don't know what to do! Well, I have no choice.

On Sunday went on 13 mile mountain bike ride. 1 mile before end came off rather spectacularly onto some rocks. Excrutiatingly painful. Have grit in palms of hands (like when child - god it hurts!) grazes and bruising everywhere but main injury is that right knee is double it's size and has two large egg sized swellings either side. Kept it R.I.C.E'd yesterday as supposed to returning to do early flight today.

Am already on 12 days off sick due to a car accident and back injury done whilst operating as crew. Only had last meeting last week and was told then only one more occurance of sickness and I was in bother.

But this morning cannot stand as is so painful - feels like all fluid is running to knee and there is so much pressure and burning. shooting pains from knee to hip bone and ankle. Bruised, swollen and a funny shape. Impossible to try and get down the stairs let alone run a galley on a 737.

Going to docs at 4.40 today - wish me luck that nothing serious and quick and speedy return to work - that is if I still have a job.

I cannot believe this has happened. How stupid. Sad face today.