PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2006, 09:02
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly an average of 3 sectors every day, six days a week and never once I heard the call "SCCM to the F/D" for a pilot incapacitation. Never once I went into the flight deck and got asked for sick bags etc. And food poisoning can show its effects almost immediately as it's a defence of the body to get rid of the offensive element as quickly as possibly.

If what you say is true and you have the proof that it's happened for real, by all means report the offenders now, do not wait for another FC to fall victim of these "vicious" CC.

It all depends how you treat your crew.......my Flight Crew treat me (us in general) very well, they take care of us and we do the same. When I am "galley slave" I make sure they choose what they want to eat first, I offer Club food to them if there's some left...when we board at 5am I make sure I give them a cup of tea or coffee (I ask do you like it strong/weak with lots of milk etc) and I steal the Club biscuits and give them to them - everybody loves the Bourbons and the Custard ones. If I work at the back I make a point to call them even during a short flight and if the workload permits I go for a short visit in the flight deck.

I am not obliged to do all these things, it's just out of courtesy but our Boys and Girls have earned to be treated in such a way as they are really good with us. They involve us in some decision making and they always show lots of respect for us. We have a degree of familiarity and understanding that I've never experienced in any other airline. We talk, joke, laugh together and the days fly by quickly. From a human point of view we're on the same plane (excuse the pun but it was necessary!) while we still remember who is in charge.

That new F/D door has become a bigger communication barrier than I ever thought. But it's up to you not to let it come in the way, and especially do not use it as an excuse for not interacting with each other!!!! You're not sitting on a throne and if you see that the CC aren't very "sociable" to start with, you're not 5y.o. anymore, you can start the conversation yourselves!!! In many cases you'll get a positive response. If not......well, just learn to tolerate each other without making things difficult for each other!!!

Sorry for this serious tone, but I think you guys are trying to find excuses!
The mature way to deal with this matter would be : you have the proof that someone has done it to you, then report them. But remember you must have the proof. Talking about it on these terms on pprune won't make things better. It can only make things worse.

Cheer up, chill out and have a safe flight.

FBW