PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA747 3 engine LAX-LHR article
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2006, 02:03
20driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Rainboe - probably your head aches because you don't seem to be able to read.

I said - "I have no problem what so ever with the crews call" - which part of this you have a problem with? When this originally came up I provided a post that there was a very sound argument that continuing on was safer that returning to LA and risking a van ride and night in an LA Airport hotel.

This has being nothing but bad publicity for BA. Or did we miss something and you think this publicity is good for the BA image. There is no upside for BA in this no matter how it finishes.
From earlier posts it seems it only got into the new because of some anoraks in MAN. Someone even created an anorak index showing MAN at the top of the "spotter" list. Hence the tongue in check remark of no futher diversions to MAN unless the wings are coming off.

This was never a safety issue - it has always being a chest thumping PR issue. If the crew had diverted to Prestwick this might never have become the little tempest in the teapot it is. I'll bet the FAA wishes they had never heard of this.

As for next time, well it will probably be a very long time before this exact set of circumstances happens but if they stars align this way again do you think BA management really wants to deal with this? If you do, stick to flying, hopefully you are better at flying than managing.

You sure you and Joncd aren't related - you show remarkably similar behavior.

20driver

Last edited by 20driver; 25th Apr 2006 at 02:34.