PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 24th Apr 2006, 22:24
rudekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giblet

Prior to May 4, do a bit of digging reference my earlier post and find out if the AOC is aware of HIS ac tasking in theatre without a DAS. I would be very surprised if that was an authority he is willing to delegate to the ACC.

I can't be more helpful at the moment as I am out of the country and don't have access to the specific information, or the players involved. Keep an open mind about all 2 Gp ac, it's not just the C130. There are other assets inter and intra theatre which are part of 2 Gp. I'm sure I don't need to tell you this!

Chappie

Don't take to much to heart from the photos of the C5. It crashed in Dover USA following a probable engine failure and probable compounded errors. It certainly wasn't hostile fire. I'm sure that seeing them doesn't help, but hopefully Nige's campaign and your efforts wiil keep the issue in the limelight enough to make a difference to us in the future. By the way, there is a feature on PPrune where you can block individuals from your view, if you wish.

Regards

RK